Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Any Patriotic theme idea



So we all know flags are popular at Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. We’ve all seen many numerous cupcake and cake ideas. The most popular I have seen is white frosting, strawberries, and blueberries. Well I don’t care much for blueberries but I have always liked the strawberries. So using that and color-themed candy, I created my own version of the cupcake flag. I used what red candy I had, and strawberries were added at the last minute to keep its best quality.  
The flavors I used were Hershey’s chocolate, and super-moist white cake box mix. I created regular and mini-cupcakes.  I used whipped-white frosting and spread it in a basic swirl on the cupcakes, then used the candies and strawberries to decorate. I made the top left cupcakes with blue frosting for the stars area.
The candies I used were: runts, twizzlers, and red M&M’s. I created the stars by melting down Almond bark white chocolate putting it into a zip lock , cutting 1/8in off a corner and drawing the stars on wax paper then letting them dry in the fridge. I sliced the strawberries and used them to bring out the red more.

No comments:

Post a Comment