Sunday, July 31, 2011

German Chocolate Butter-Pecan filled!


So for my boyfriend of 3 years bday I wanted to make him cupcakes! And before I get too ahead of myself, let me just say that I have found an AWESOME recipe site for the idea opening of: “If it can be a dessert or drink flavor, then it can be a cupcake flavor!” Here is the site:

So looking through the recipes of this site, my boyfriend, Adam, wanted German chocolate cupcakes. I have never made that recipe (homemade anyways) and my goodness it was a fun challenge. SO much butter was used (including frosting and filling-3.5 sticks!). The filling was a butter-pecan base (original recipe calls for pecan and coconut but he didn’t want coconut), and the frosting was yummy (which turned out more like icing, was RICH in flavor)! I only did about half of the cupcakes with filling and here are some pictures on how it was done:




And prior to decorating them, I have found a cupcake stand idea via www.pinterest.com on how to make a stand from stove top burner covers and a candle stick! So here is how it would look glued together with regular and mini-cupcakes!

The cupcakes are REALLY REALLY rich in chocolate and the filling was yummy-I have a good amount leftover so I’m thinking… pecan pie filling?

No comments:

Post a Comment