Monday, July 2, 2012

Final Decorating Cake Class for Course 3


So I mentioned that I had to miss class 3 as I was out of town (but obiviously I didn’t miss out on baking!)

For the final week of class, we’re supposed to decorate a cake with fondant and some gum paste flowers. I was unprepared but I managed to create something lovely at the last minute!


I had to go buy a cake because it gets too hot in my house during the day to bake one. I found a simple chocolate bundt cake at King Sooper’s and covered it with blue fondant. Now mind you that the cake was baked with a hole in the middle. Luckily, the fondant covered it nicely without the middle drooping in so you can’t tell. I created a green wavy border for the bottom and made leaves too. I didn’t have my flowers so a fellow classmate let me use some of her extras!


Last week they learned how to make daisies, so I had the instructor show me that real quick! I’m so pleased with the results!


I’m getting back into my regular school sessions soon so I’m taking a break from the decorating classes for now!

BUT: I now know how to use and create fondant cakes and gum paste flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment