Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baby Shower Cupcakes in Baby Jars!


For my 3rd installment of baby shower cupcakes I bring you them in…. Baby Jars! The idea came up from the person who requested them (my cousin with her 2nd on the way). We mashed our ideas together and volia!
  

We did green velvet flavored with orange cream cheese frosting and yellow cake flavored with green frosting! She came up with the idea think that at typical baby showers (back in the day anyways), they would have a contest in which people would eat actual baby food. Well as “yummy” as that sounds, we figured the cake and frosting looking like the baby food would be fun and tastier!



I baked them in the actual jars in the cupcake pans and for the portioning part, it’s different than normal. Since it was my first time, it was kind of an experiment. Some overflowed but luckily scraped out real easily. Just from looking at them they definitely look like baby food! She completed the look with buttons on top and tied baby spoons and forks to them! I loved it and I think it’s unique, fun and totally appropriate for the shower! 


Congrats to my cousin! We’ll see the little guy in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment