Monday, July 18, 2011

Take me out to the ball game. . .



 Every year for the past 3, I attended the Colorado Rockies game. (And so far they have won all the games I attended so it was worth it.)
This year was also my first year to not only enjoy the game, but to have a drink as well! So I was also thinking that prior to the game, why not make some cupcakes themed to this?! I made my Hershey’s chocolate ones. I used purple colored frosting with a swirl, and created “CR” and baseballs to top the cupcakes off with. I created these with the white almond bark, melted it down in a zip lock bag, tiny snip off the corner, and drew circles and filled them in for the baseballs. I cut up the red twizzlers and put them in there for the red stitching. Then I drew up the “CR” to represent the Rockies logo. 
Overall, these turned out amazing! Plus, I bought a new frosting tool that is much easier and less messy (which will work for the big jobs!) O and I almost forgot to mention: I have officially begun obtaining things for my future cupcake store! These are it: a “Sweet Treats” display tray, and a cupcake holder (which will be great for retail merchandise).

No comments:

Post a Comment