Thursday, October 6, 2011

Experiment creates new flavor and inspires more

So the other day I was bored (ok not really), but if I don’t make cupcakes on a weekly basis, I get sad (and cupcakes make people happy!). So I looked in my fridge and found some frosting that needed to be used up ASAP! Also, I wanted to add pudding mix to a vanilla recipe. So therefore I had some cupcake creating to do. I added French vanilla pudding mix and a little less flour and more milk and volia! I have perfected a homemade vanilla recipe (moist too!)
The frosting flavor is homemade Hershey’s chocolate and there was a filling surprise inside the cupcakes! (Homemade strawberry filling) I decorated the cupcakes for a Halloween theme.
I made a few tombstones with graham crackers, almond bark fish bones and hands and I found some little bones that were spattered with red food coloring. My quality tester and I thought that what about orange flavored with filling? Or cranberry-orange cupcake since it is fall?
So I bet you can guess what the next few posts are going to be about….
Oh and with the leftover batter and filling, I made a cute cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment