Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Falling Leaves

So to continue on with the fall theme, I discovered orange-cranberry cupcakes! And my, were they tasty! The original recipe called for dried cranberries but since they are in season, I used fresh ones instead!
For the décor on top, I did an orange colored frosting with leaves and acorns and orange sprinkles. I used almond bark and melted candy wafers smeared onto REAL leaves and when they dried I peeled them off and volia! Edible leaves!
The acorns are caramel squares rolled into egg shapes and then the bottom of the “egg” is dipped into the chocolate melted almond bark, and then rolled in chocolate jimmies. The stem was a dab of the almond bark after the acorn set for a bit.
These were a hit! “My best ones yet!” is what most fans said. A definite repeat and a popular style too!
Final turnout with Oak Leaf Wine in background

3 comments: