Monday, October 24, 2011

Them bones them bones all around

After the first week of classes beginning for the fall quarter, I mentioned that I did cupcakes. So of course they requested that I bring some in. Chocolate flavor was in favor and the design was what I wanted. Now, I just can’t just do any design, I had to do something from my book. Luckily, I found another cupcake mural design!

It’s a skeleton and I added pumpkins at the bottom. It was really fun to make! I used leftover frosting from the falling leaves one and turned it more orange.

For Mr. Bones, I used a template provided from the book and placed wax paper over it and melted white almond bark down and drew the bones. Then I placed it in the fridge to harden. For the design, they have him lying over dirt. Well how do you make edible dirt? Simple: OREOS!! I scraped off the crème filling and crushed up the cookies. I used the filling as a frosting for the cupcakes (I don’t like to waste product) and dipped the cupcakes in the cookies crumbs or “dirt” as they would be called. I then placed the dirt cupcakes in the proper arrangement and began creating the skeleton.







Now being a music lover just about anything reminds me of a song; and being a kid at heart this particular one came to mind:
The foot bone con-nected to the (pause) leg-.bone,
The leg bone connected to the (') knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the (') thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the (') back bone,
The back bone connected to the (') neck bone
The neck bone connected to the (') head bone
Oh hear the word of the Lord!
Dem bones, dem bones gon-na walk a-roun'
Dem bones, dem bones gon-na walk a-roun'
Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun'
Oh hear the word of the Lord.
(Tune descends down in half steps and we retrace the body.)
The head-bone connected to the neck-bone,
the neck-bone connected to the back-bone
the backbone connected to the thigh-bone
the thighbone connected to the kee-bone
the kneebone connected to the leg bone
the leg bone connected to the foot bone
Oh hear the word of the Lord.”
And volia! I have a skeleton and surrounding pumpkins!(I also had some leftover cupcakes and almond bark so I made some “BOO” and ghost cupcakes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment