Thursday, March 29, 2012

Erin Go Brach Cupcakes


My goal was to make the Irish Car Bomb cupcakes on Saint Patty’s Day to celebrate my Irish heritage. Well, as I previously said, my best friend got married on that day (I was Maid of Honor and it was a LOVELY wedding!). I was still determined to make the cupcakes however and my goodness they turned out amazing!

They are Stout (Recipes calls for Guiness and I used Murphy’s) chocolate cupcakes, with a Bailey’s cream/chocolate filling and topped with a Bailey’s cream frosting and edible shamrock! Delicious and moist they were!

A tip: When recipe calls for Unsalted butter you don’t dare use salted or even butter/margarine with sodium in it. (Unless you want the results to be dry).  I tempted to make a chocolate Guinness cake last year and made that mistake; but you learn from mistakes and haven’t done it since!

No comments:

Post a Comment