Friday, March 2, 2012

"Mardi Gras Themed!"


I happened to remember Mardi Gras before it happened this year. I asked a dear friend (it’s one of her Favorites!) about ideal flavors and she gave me:
-King’s Cake or Pina Colida
I decided to go with a flavor towards King’s cake which is a sweet cinnamon flavor. I looked up different recipes but decided to modify my vanilla recipe. I added double the baking soda and add cinnamon and nutmeg. The results?



Here’s what people commented:
-Perfect combination! Spongy and moist flavored!
-They taste just like Cinnamon Rolls!
-Best ones yet! Love, love LOVE the flavor!
I believe they were a success! I did the fluffy white frosting colored green, I created masks using colored candy wafers and nutter butters. I then added mini-non perils that were colored to bring out the colors of Mardi Gras:
Purple-Justice
Yellow(Gold)- Power
Green- Faith

I’m still not 100% sure how Mardi Gras got started, but I’d greatly appreciate it if someone did post the history on it when commenting on this!! ;)

I was very happy with the turn out and the flavor is an original recipe! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment