Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cupcakes or Cake?


That is the question!


For statistics class we had to conduct a research paper. Of course for me it had to involve cupcakes! (The resources are easy to help too) What we are trying to figure out is whether people prefer cupcakes or cake? My partner and I conducted a survey at school and we had actual products for them to choose from. We really wanted to know what they preferred entirely based on the fact whether it was a cupcake or a cake. I baked the same flavor and decorated them the same too.


After the people chose, we then had a small survey for them to fill out:

Are you  Female  or   Male?
Do you have a    2   or   4    or   5 in your Ai ID number?
Which did you take a  Cupcake or a Piece of Cake?
How old are you?
(If you picked the Cupcake) Why did you pick the Cupcake? Circle what answer you think is right below.
A. I picked the Cupcake because it seemed easier to eat.
B. I picked the Cupcake because it looked more pleasing to the eyes then the cake.
C. I picked the Cupcake because it looked like it had more icing.
D. All the Above!.
Which do you prefer: white cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, or strawberry cupcake?


(If you picked the Cake) Why did you pick the Cake? Circle what answer you think is right below.
A. I picked the Cake because I wanted to eat something sweet, but with a fork or a spoon.
B. I picked the Cake because it looked more pleasing to the eyes then the Cupcake.
C. I picked the Cake because it looked like it had more icing.
D. All the Above!
Which do you prefer: white cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, or strawberry cupcake?

Turns out that the cake was gone faster and the younger females preferred cupcakes vs. the younger males. But the older male and females prefer cake. Notice how we asked the same questions? Well some say cupcake because of more frosting; while others said that for cake.
Overall it was fun and educational! I’m excited to turn the data into the proper format for the paper!
Speaking of surveys, we will soon have a survey for you to fill out if you have had a Kup-a-cake! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment