Tuesday, September 4, 2012

High Heel Kupacakes


I was more than excited to finally do these cupcakes! Normally, I’m not a shoe fan. I have wide feet and most heels are not my friends. (I guess this can be a good thing because it saves me money on shoes.) But I love looking at them…


 Any who, I not only wanted to do these but I was able to photograph them for my studio final for a triptych. (A triptych is a series of 3 photographs that has a theme and can sometimes tell a story). So I did 3 pairs of heels: 1 red, 1 blue and 1 pink. They have different styles and the flavor was white champagne. I shot them by them selves then together.




The shoes are created with some frosting, decorating sugar, graham crackers covered in the almond bark for the sole, mini M&M’s for the jewels, Big Red gum for the bow and for the heels I used piroulines. They were very fragile but surprisingly easy to work with and move around. I love the overall turnout! What other designs would you like to see in these? Zebra print? Black and white swirls? Maybe green ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment