Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby Shower theme


I have now officially hosted (co-hosted) a baby shower! It was for my cousin and it was very exciting to do! We made it a co-ed one and had some fun games and prizes.
The game table
Play-doh baby game, parents judging babies

Of course I had to do some cupcakes too! I did general baby themed inspirations and made some ducks from the What’s New Cupcake? Book. I tried the melt down frosting and dip the cupcake in, but it didn’t work and I had to just frost them by hand. (Different texture but still cute). And of course I had some other issues like: The donut holes were big so I had to trim then down. Since the flavor of the cupcake was lemon with strawberry filling. The ducks’ heads were top-heavy and began drooping after being created.


I used frosting and colored melted candy wafers for the other cupcakes and displayed them with my homemade stand I used in the past.

Two other cakes showed up and because the cupcakes were so cute… they didn’t really get eaten. But overall fun to make!
The duck pond punch, cupcakes, and oher cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment